Check your urine…. if it looks like lemonade or apple juice, you really need to evaluate your water intake.
Dehydration can have many side effects, i.e. weakened immune response, muscle cramps, stiffness, headaches, fatigue, constipation, dry eyes, decrease in cognitive function, contribute to formation of kidney stones and…… joint pain! 😱
👉 About 70-80% of your joint cartilage is made of water. When you are dehydrated water is depleted from joints and other areas, which enables toxins to remain fueling pain and inflammation.
☝️ Try to consume about 50% of your body weight in ounces of water daily. This may be vary depending on the size of a person, activity level, diet, health conditions and medications being used.
Forget the Gatorade, bring on the honeydew, cucumber, lime, lemon, cantaloupe and other fresh fruits or vegetables for electrolytes!!! ……We have been addicted to frozen melon balls in our water lately! Definitely recommend!! 👍👍
#thirstythursday #drinkmorewater #frozenmelons #tastywater #changeitup #summerheat #takebreaks #jointpain #health #easyroutine #mooresvillenc #davdisonnc #corneliusnc #nc #lkn #langtreelkn #stayhydrated #lifechanging
🔰 Aloe vera has numerous health benefits and is easy to grow at home.
✅ Some of the benefits include:
-soothes and decreases healing time for burns & other skin problems
-can heal cold sores
-aids in digestion
-has a laxative effect
-boosts immune system
#aloevera #momsmotheraloeplant #healing #nature #wellness #antioxidants #zinc #immunesupport #gutsupport #mooresvillenc #davidsonnc #corneliusnc #nc #langtreelkn #lkn #oneplantsomanyuses #naturalmedicinecabinet #growyourown
Although millions of people around the world have experienced the benefits, there is still a lot of misconception about it. Many people visit a chiropractor because they are in pain, have poor posture, seeking injury prevention or pain relief. Our goal is to educate you on the benefits of the chiropractic adjustment, so you in turn can educate others.
21 Benefits you might not have known:
– Improves joint mobility, function and health.
– Makes tight muscles loose and loose muscles tight and improves the contractibility (thereby strength) of the muscle.
– Decreases degeneration of the joint and connective tissues (arthritis).
– Decreases the on--going inflammatory process associated with the subluxation.
– Improves circulation taking stagnant blood out and bringing new blood in.
– Speeds up the recovery process.
– Improves nerve system function and the individual nerve’s ability to carry nerve impulses more efficiently.
– Strengthens the immune system.
– Improves individual organ system function (heart, lung, sinuses, digestive, etc).
– Improves a person’s disposition (they’re more FUN to be around).
– Calms a hyperactive mind and energizes a depressed mind.
– Increases energy, vitality and improves sleep.
– Relieves/Improves Prenatal Discomfort
– Decreases length of labor and associated back pain.
– Decreases the adverse effects of stress.
– Improves athletic performance (for ANY sport).
– Improves Quality of Life by enhancing the enjoyment/fulfillment of a person’s Key Values
– Prevention ability for sickness, disease and pain.
– Improves overall health and wellness for infants and children.
– Improves cognitive ability (ability to THINK more clearly).
These 10 Exercises Will Un-Slouch Your Back to Correct Bad Posture And Remedy Back Pain
Maintaining good posture takes discipline. Here’s a link for some great exercises to help you from shrinking:
Do you slouch?
In our modern world filled with computers, smartphones, tablets, and sit down jobs, most of us are guilty as charged. Bad posture is an epidemic. But why is this a problem?
Of course, a nice posture looks better and more confident. However, it’s more than that. Improving your posture and fixing those slouched shoulders is a non-negotiable for your health.
Poor posture can develop from:
- Improper sleeping positions
- Low self-confidence
- Tight muscles
- Weak muscles
- Being overweight
The longer you are living your life with poor posture, the harder it can be to change, and the higher your chances are to develop health problems, including chronic back pain and shoulder pain.
Slouching and bad posture can lead to:
- Back pain
- Injuries, especially of the back, hips, foot, and knee
- Muscle atrophy and weakness
- Nerve compression
- Muscle strain
- Digestion issues
- Difficulty breathing
- Poor circulation
- Joint pain and discomfort
10 Exercises to Improve Your Posture
Improving your posture takes time and effort, especially if you’ve been practicing bad posture for decades. Changing your posture may even hurt at first. Remember, you are activating muscles you haven’t used in a while. It takes patience, but your muscle will get stronger and soon enough you will be standing tall confidently and notice improved health as a result.
The following exercises and stretches can help you greatly with your posture.
The bow pose can help to correct bad posture by the muscles at the front of your shoulder and preventing slouching.
- Lying on your stomach, bend your knees and bring them to your hips or as close as possible.
- Grab your feet with your hands.
- Lift your chest, knees and head off the mat.
- Breath in and kick your legs letting your arms go naturally with them.
- Breath out and get back to the original pose.
- Repeat 5 times.
Back extensions can help strengthen your back muscles, protect your spine, eliminate round back, and improve posture.
- Lie on the floor on your stomach with forehead on the ground.
- Arms on your sides, press your palms on your thighs.
- Straighten your elbows. Squeeze your legs together toes outwards.
- Exhale, then lift your head, chest, and upper abdomen, then lower while inhaling.
- Do 10 reps.
Chiropractic care works around the principle that the relationship between the body’s structure and its function affects health. The spine not only acts as the main support for our body, it also protects the spinal cord, which connects a large part of the peripheral nervous system to the brain. This is why a minor injury to the spine or overuse of muscles can significantly alter a body’s strength, sensation, and performance.
The rise and advancement of chiropractic treatments over the last decade coincides with the growing prevalence of chronic low back pain and other muskoskeletal conditions. Spinal manipulation or correction is the most common treatment sought by patients in the US. This has prompted researchers to study the effectiveness and safety of such treatments, and the most recent finding is that regular chiropractic care plays an important role in restoring health.
Benefits of Regular Chiropractic Care
A study conducted by the National Institutes for Health (NIH) reveals that spinal manipulation or mobilization is an effective treatment for adults with acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain, migraine, and cervicogenic headache and dizziness. It also proves to be an effective treatment for several extremity joint conditions. Thoracic manipulation also offers healing benefits to people with acute or subacute neck pain.
When enhanced with other soft tissue techniques and therapeutic exercises, manipulative treatments can effectively correct an injury and restore the body’s optimal function. Maintenance care also prevents minor injuries from becoming permanent and allows for improved posture, enhanced function, and better endurance and athletic performance.
Advanced Techniques and Treatments
A substantial body of literature exists to support the safety and effectiveness of chiropractic care. Advanced tools and methods are in place to make treatments more cost-effective and comfortable for patients. The literature also states that a manual correction approach proves to be the most effective approach to chiropractic spinal manipulation.
The Insight Subluxation Station is a surface EMG (electromyography) technology also widely used by chiropractors to properly diagnose a condition and develop a personalized care plan for each patient.
The Holistic Approach to Long-Term Wellness
A holistic approach is common among advanced chiropractic maintenance care. In addition to a personalized treatment program, practitioners would suggest other rehabilitative exercises and soft tissue therapies, as well as dietary and lifestyle modifications.
At Langtree Chiropractic of Lake Norman we stress that regular visits to a chiropractor helps ensure the continued health of your musculoskeletal system so you can engage in the activities you love. Long-term care also helps you avoid future aches and pains, as your chiropractor can detect and correct minor misalignments before they become symptomatic.
Millions of Americans suffering from joint problems and chronic pain dream of having a pain-free life. While medication therapies offer quick fixes to these problems, routine chiropractic care offers long-term relief. Chiropractic care does focus on protecting and enhancing the communication pathways of the spinal cord and nerve roots, thus safely managing pain and a range of conditions without the use of drugs.