Day 7: Vitamin D3
Your body requires Vitamin D for many processes, including gene expression! Vitamin D is actually a steroid hormone. Almost 85% of people have a deficiency (20ng/mL, 50nmol/L) or inadequacy (30ng/mL, 75nmol/L). An optimal level of Vitamin D should be between 50-70ng/mL.
Vitamin D deficiency can lead to a weakened immune system, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, cancer, macular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease & more. There are studies that have confirmed lower levels of Vitamin D are linked to increased severity and mortality with Covid-19 infection.
Dietary sources of Vitamin D include, but aren’t limited to: fatty fish, mushrooms, eggs & dairy products. *If you do not know your Vitamin D level, please get it checked!!! Supplementation of D3 with K2 is recommended.
Day 8: Vitamin K2
Vitamin D and K2 work together. When taking Vitamin D, there is an increase in K2 dependent proteins that direct the movement of Calcium. Vitamin K2 directs Calcium to places where it is needed, like your teeth and bones. Having a deficiency in K2 can lead to osteoporosis or atherosclerosis. Dietary sources of K2 include: hard cheeses (Brie, Gouda, etc.), fermented vegetables and natto.
Day 9: Sunshine
The best source of Vitamin D comes from natural sunlight, more specifically UVB rays. Unfortunately, the time of year and latitude will have a huge effect on our ability to adequately make Vitamin D. Check out the map in resource below to see where you are on amount of UVB rays and time of year. This will help you with determining time frame for supplementation.
❓How are you maintaining your health?
✅ Reminders to help improve or keep yourself healthy:
🚴Exercise- move daily
😴 Sleep- get adequate rest
🥦 Whole Foods- eat more
vegetables & fruit
☀️Positive Attitude- look on the bright side of things
👐 Healthy Nervous System/Spine- visit your chiropractor for regular adjustments
Almost 80% of people will experience back pain at some point in their life. Let’s help lower that by raising awareness!
7 ways to prevent back pain:
🧍🏻♂️Maintain proper posture
💆♂️ Reduce stress
🍏 Eat right
🏋🏽♀️ Lift safely
👟Wear supportive shoes
👐 Visit your Chiropractor
Check your urine…. if it looks like lemonade or apple juice, you really need to evaluate your water intake.
Dehydration can have many side effects, i.e. weakened immune response, muscle cramps, stiffness, headaches, fatigue, constipation, dry eyes, decrease in cognitive function, contribute to formation of kidney stones and…… joint pain! 😱
👉 About 70-80% of your joint cartilage is made of water. When you are dehydrated water is depleted from joints and other areas, which enables toxins to remain fueling pain and inflammation.
☝️ Try to consume about 50% of your body weight in ounces of water daily. This may be vary depending on the size of a person, activity level, diet, health conditions and medications being used.
Forget the Gatorade, bring on the honeydew, cucumber, lime, lemon, cantaloupe and other fresh fruits or vegetables for electrolytes!!! ……We have been addicted to frozen melon balls in our water lately! Definitely recommend!! 👍👍
#thirstythursday #drinkmorewater #frozenmelons #tastywater #changeitup #summerheat #takebreaks #jointpain #health #easyroutine #mooresvillenc #davdisonnc #corneliusnc #nc #lkn #langtreelkn #stayhydrated #lifechanging
🔰 Aloe vera has numerous health benefits and is easy to grow at home.
✅ Some of the benefits include:
-soothes and decreases healing time for burns & other skin problems
-can heal cold sores
-aids in digestion
-has a laxative effect
-boosts immune system
#aloevera #momsmotheraloeplant #healing #nature #wellness #antioxidants #zinc #immunesupport #gutsupport #mooresvillenc #davidsonnc #corneliusnc #nc #langtreelkn #lkn #oneplantsomanyuses #naturalmedicinecabinet #growyourown
Although millions of people around the world have experienced the benefits, there is still a lot of misconception about it. Many people visit a chiropractor because they are in pain, have poor posture, seeking injury prevention or pain relief. Our goal is to educate you on the benefits of the chiropractic adjustment, so you in turn can educate others.
21 Benefits you might not have known:
– Improves joint mobility, function and health.
– Makes tight muscles loose and loose muscles tight and improves the contractibility (thereby strength) of the muscle.
– Decreases degeneration of the joint and connective tissues (arthritis).
– Decreases the on--going inflammatory process associated with the subluxation.
– Improves circulation taking stagnant blood out and bringing new blood in.
– Speeds up the recovery process.
– Improves nerve system function and the individual nerve’s ability to carry nerve impulses more efficiently.
– Strengthens the immune system.
– Improves individual organ system function (heart, lung, sinuses, digestive, etc).
– Improves a person’s disposition (they’re more FUN to be around).
– Calms a hyperactive mind and energizes a depressed mind.
– Increases energy, vitality and improves sleep.
– Relieves/Improves Prenatal Discomfort
– Decreases length of labor and associated back pain.
– Decreases the adverse effects of stress.
– Improves athletic performance (for ANY sport).
– Improves Quality of Life by enhancing the enjoyment/fulfillment of a person’s Key Values
– Prevention ability for sickness, disease and pain.
– Improves overall health and wellness for infants and children.
– Improves cognitive ability (ability to THINK more clearly).